Most people advise you to just say no when someone asks if they can pick your brain when your brain is how you earn a living. But for people like me, that’s not so easy. (Trust me I’ve had plenty of days in the past when I spent so much time talking other people through problems, that I had no time left for my own work!)
I LOVE to help people.
I LIVE to help people.
I’m in business to help people.
It’s the driving force behind everything I do.
It’s how I ended up doing coaching and consulting in the first place.
And I’m grateful that so many people see me as a valuable resource. Truly I am.
Problem is, there’s only ONE of me… and only 24 hours in a day.
I get it.
There’s a whole lot to learn… and a lot of decisions to make… when starting, running and growing an online business. And most of us are not surrounded by supportive people who get what we’re doing, much less able to help us do it. (Hand raised. Same problem here.)
But sometimes you don’t need a whole package or program.
Sometimes there’s just ONE thing that you need to discuss with someone, to get solved so you can keep going forward. You just need someone who gets what you’re trying to do… and gives a shit.
Sometimes you don’t need information. You probably have too damn much information!
And you’re stuck.
or analysis paralysis.
You need someone to talk to.
Someone to get help from.
To shift your perspective.
To talk you down off the (entrepreneurial) ledge and calm you down.
To get you confidently back on a focused path.
To get you sorted the hell out and moving forward toward your dreams again.
I’ll Let You in on a Secret…
I crave the opportunity to solve problems for people.
And I’m really good at it.
It’s just one of those things I’ve always been good at… “being the go-to person“.
When I worked in medicine, I can’t tell you how many times a day you’d hear “Where’s Debi?” “Ask Debi.” or “Debi will know.”
All. The. Time.
Because I earned the reputation for knowing my shit and always being willing to help others.
It’s been the same way since I started my online businesses.
I’ve got over 35 YEARS of teaching, coaching and mentoring experience across a variety of fields and disciplines.
I have… and have read… my own library of business books.
I collect information like it’s going out of style. I find “golden nuggets” everywhere in my daily travels online. (Rabbit holes… LOTS of rabbit holes!) And I collect them.
I’m a lifetime learner. I love to learn. And I love to teach and help people. That may even be how you landed on this page. Maybe I helped you somewhere else online.
If you’re paralyzed in the throes of overwhelm…
If you can’t see the way forward from where you are and need to figure out your next steps…
If you’re frustrated with a problem you can’t solve and you’re tired of spinning your wheels or being stuck in the muck…
If you want to run ideas by someone or brainstorm with someone…
If you need help on a specific issue…
or any myriad of online business questions and challenges…
You’re in the right place.
What kinds of things can we talk about?
These calls are best used to focus on a single issue or problem. Complicated strategic planning or more in-depth and complex problems require more time. For those, I’m happy to discuss other consulting or coaching options with you. (No charge for that discussion.)
These sessions are perfect for dealing with an immediate block or challenge.
Here are some ideas, some of the things I’m good at and have helped others with…
- ideas – potential services, programs and products (digital and physical), as well as names for them
- messaging – brand messaging, taglines, ethos, wording for resumes
- organization – physical and digital
- optimizing use of Evernote
- available software, tools and apps and choosing based on needs and budget
- lead generation
- time evaluation and prioritizing
- self-assessment and personal inventory clarity
- identifying what success looks like to you
- making decisions based on assessment of available skills and resources
- the myth of work-life balance (this is a frequent cause of stress… and guilt… that lands clients on the proverbial ledge)
- goal setting
- ways to leverage expertise
- how an affiliate program could be used in your business
- evaluating possibilities
- time management and planning
- setting boundaries
- ways to eliminate distractions while working
- business pivots and alternative options for operating and making money during the COVID-19 crisis and lockdowns
I can offer valuable insight and advice from an outside perspective… outside the one that has you stuck!
You have to ask yourself…
How much is this problem costing you and your business? Because there IS a cost. Being stuck… in any way… comes with a high cost. It keeps you from making money and it messes with your head… and your health… in numerous ways.
Put a dollar amount on that.
Ready to finally solve that problem?
Well, luckily for you, at the moment (because the COVID-19 crisis is wreaking havoc on so many people and I want to help) the investment for this is only $90.
• our 60 minute meeting
• my preparation beforehand
• a recording of our session, and
• my notes, which will also include any relevant tips, tools and resources I feel could help you.
(*Pick My Brain Sessions are not to be confused with my free Discovery Calls for potential coaching clients. Those are meant to determine whether I can help you and if we’re a good fit to work together.)
So how does this work?
Pick My Brain Sessions must be scheduled and paid at least 48 hours in advance.
You’ll fill out a questionnaire when you book to tell me about your business and give me your questions(s). Having your questions and doing work ahead of time, means there’s no time wasted on the call. We can spend our time laser-focused on the issues you contacted me for. And I I can provide maximum value with information customized for you, so you leave with the solutions you need.
These sessions are private and one-on-one. You get my full attention the entire time.
They’re recorded so we can both be present and productive on the call… no need to be frantically scribbling notes.
Just come to our call with an open mind, ready to solve your problem.
Within (normally) 24 hours after our call, you’ll get a recording of our call; any notes I take; and any relevant tips, tools and resources I feel could help you.
What do YOU get out of this, Debi?
2. The delightful satisfaction of helping you. (Seriously. Blissful warm fuzzies. Don’t judge. We all need them.)
3. Insight into someone important to my business, which helps me help you and the rest of my community better.
4. Adding another amazing person to my network… YOU! (One of my favorite things about online business is all the people I get to meet from around the world that I wouldn’t have otherwise been blessed with knowing.)
Who calls who?
What if I don't call in?
What if I need to cancel?
* P.S. Pick My Brain Sessions are not to be confused with my free Discovery Calls for potential coaching clients. Those are meant to determine whether I can help you and if we’re a good fit to work together.